What does a vehicle's Minor Service entail?
A Minor Service generally includes
- Comprehensive vehicle inspection and diagnostic check.
- Replacement of engine oil and filters.
- Inspecting tyre pressure, tyre mounting, and balancing.
- Testing light operations.
- Check lubricant levels.
- Check windscreen washer levels.
- Check coolant levels.
- Check brake fluid level and colour.
- Check power steering fluid level.
- Inspection and replacement of fluids filters, belts, hoses, brakes, and emissions by a professional according to a specific vehicle's service specifications.
Service intervals are determined by the individual OEM manufacturer and are generally between major services, required every 10-15000kms or every year. The service can be part of the logbook service and sometimes it will be referred to as a basic or general service.
Consult your Owners Manual or Service Professionals for accurate advice. It is important to comply as warranties, guarantees and even insurance cover might be at risk if service intervals are exceeded or missed.
Find professional service providers 24/7 in the Auto Repair Directory
Posted on Sep 21, 2020 by Auto Repair DirectoryBack to Articles