Types of vehicle maintenance
Info and advantages of servicing your vehicle
Car servicing is a maintenance check-up that is carried out at set time intervals (at least every year) or after the vehicle has traveled a certain number of kilometres, as specified by manufacturers. The service itself includes replacing aging parts and fluids as well as visual inspections to check key components are still working properly.A number of benefits derived from regular servicing include:
- Higher resale value - vehicles with a full-service history have a better resale value to potential buyers.
- More reliable - regular checks to key components and the replacement of worn parts will eliminate more costly repairs at a later stage.
- Engine performance - changing your engine oil and filters regularly, will protect moving parts and could also increase fuel efficiency.
- Improved safety - vital parts & systems such as brake pads, discs, and calipers are inspected during regular services to ensure safety standards.
There are many ways to maintain your vehicle - You can start from simple things and allow professionals to do the technical maintenance:
- Keep your vehicle clean, inside and out.
- Seat Belts: Keep seat belts clean to prevent dirt and moisture damage
- Wiper Blades: Inspect regularly and change when the rubber show signs of deterioration.
- Exhaust & Silencer Exhaust: Have the exhaust system checked if it sounds noisy or rattles.
- Battery: Take for test and possible replacement if engine start difficulty, is experienced
- Lights: Regularly check that all lights are working properly and replace any broken or burned out bulbs
- Tyre Pressure: Corectair pressure needs to be strictly maintained to ensure safety and fuel efficiency
The servicing of your vehicle should be done by trained automotive professionals/mechanics. They have the knowledge and tools to diagnose and correct problems. Professional maintenance includes:
- Air filter: Check and replace if dirty
- Alternator: Test if optimal charging
- Brakes & Brake Fluid: Inspect & replace
- Fans & Belts: Inspect belts and hoses. Replace glazed or worn belts Replace bulging or brittle hoses and tighten clamps
- Front Wheel CV Joints and Wheel bearings inspection
- Fuel Line and Fuel Pump
- Gearbox Oil
- Ignition Coil
- Shock Absorbers
- Spark Plugs
- Tyres- Mechanical irregularities will show up early on tyre wear patterns
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Auto Repair DirectoryBack to Articles